Bike Fit Service
Bike Newport offers Professional Fit Services by our highly trained, Level II Fit Technician, Elliott Crowder.
Elliott has attended over 30 hours of intensive Fit Certification training offered by the Bike Fit guru, Michael Sylvester & Trek Bicycles. Elliott will work with you in our professional but relaxed Fit area to help you get better performance and enhanced comfort on your bike. We offer Fit's for every level of cyclist from the beginning rider who wants to better enjoy their ride to the advanced tri-athlete who is looking for more aerodynamics.
* We also offer a "mini fit" for Cycle Tourists that are having pain or discomfort on their journey and can do a 20-30 minute session that could save your trip!
Each Fit requires an equal understanding of the cyclist and their abilities and the proper tuning of the bicycle. The following are some key steps we will go through with you:
Interview with Cyclist
• Understand Injury Issues - Past and
• Present into the fit bike process
• Core Strength
• Range of Motion
• Fitness Level and Goal Setting
Tuning the Parameters of Your Bicycle
• Saddle Height & Angle
• Fore and Aft Position
• Handlebar Width & Drop
• Stem Length & Rise
• Advise on Body Form & Alignment